I received the article from The Independent through email & found it very interesting. How true it is but I think for my case, I am quite lucky because I knew my direction from the beginning of my study. My free advice, please very careful when you decide to do your PhD. Unless you know what to do for your PhD & you just need SV as a requirement to enrol at that particular university. Also, this situation is not only in UK, it happens to any universities around the world. But to get a very good supervisor is not easy though. I think I am just lucky to have Paul as my supervisor. The most important thing, always pray to Allah s.w.t. He is the only ONE that can help you in every way.
Happy days: Why PhD students need a helping hand from their supervisors
Thursday, 14 February 2008
Happy days: Why PhD students need a helping hand from their supervisors
Thursday, 14 February 2008
Laura began a PhD in Chinese cultural studies in 2003, but within months realized that something was wrong. "After six months, I became worried. I had only met my supervisor once, and I seemed to have no plan or sense of direction," she says. "Although my department had seemed delighted to accept me as a PhD student – even awarding me a studentship – it soon became clear that my supervisors knew nothing about my subject. I began to realize that the only reason my department had taken me on was to broaden their research profile."
Full article can be viewed here.
Full article can be viewed here.
No comments:
Post a Comment