August 13, 2008

Obsess OR Crazy?

To start, let me just mention it here, this entry is a continuity from the previous entry.

To avoid you all from 'blur' situation, let me tell the whole story where I have to rewind back to memorylane moment, *hihikhikhik*. Not very long time ago though. Last Dec, we bought a SONY DSLR camera from Argos. It has became a new passion for syawal so whenever he has time, he will play with the camera, until one day he 'broke' the lense. Not a major problem though, the camera is still usable. Also, knowing SONY's customer policy, they're very generous to their customers, we wanted to send the camera back for repair. It happened few months ago but syawal (typical syawal) only got time to send it for repair last week. They said they need about 2 1/2 weeks to do it. I was little bit frustrated because we'll be going for a holiday in 2 weeks time. But since we still have our old camera, it calmed me down (a bit). I guess we can't do much except waiting but I do hope the camera will come back ASAP.

Yesterday, when syawal came at me, he actually wanted to tell me that Argos called him. About the camera of course. They told him their repair department was up to something (can't remember what) but they need 1 month before they could return the camera back to us. Whattt?? 1 month??? As they expected the customer will not be happy with that, they offered refund too.Whichever we prefer. Yeahooo... we can get refund. We bought the camera for GBP379.99. We definitely took the refund option and get a brand new camera. Since they don't sell our model anymore, we have to go for another models. We actually have 2 options, about the same feature of the old one (much cheaper, 2++) or higher end (more expensive, 4++).

Cheaper camera or higher end camera??? We were considering this when we were on the way to Argos. Upon arriving, we had to wait for quite sometimes until someone entertained us (very 'efficient') & suddenly syafique needed a toilet. So, I had to rush him to the nearest toilet. Fortunately, Borders (next door only) got a toilet, *phooh*. So I left syawal to settle everything. Plus, we had decided which model to take so I think he could handle it alone. Syafique & me spent more time in Child's section in Borders. When we got out from it, bumped on Syawal outside Argos without the new camera in his hand. As expected, they ran out of stock & the new stock will come in on Thursday. The nearest store that has the camera in stock was only at Fareham. Hmm... it was 4.30 pm that time. I think Argos at Fareham closed at 6pm. Knowing syawal that is a very inpatient fellow, he decided to go there. We had to stop at the gas station first and took M27 to fareham.

In my mind, I could only see Argos in Fareham, near Gosport because we had been there before. I never thought there'll be another Argos stores around that area, plus that was the only the info that syawal gave me. We reached Fareham town centre at about 5.30 pm & to our frustration, that branch closes at 5.30 pm. We just missed few minutes *sigh*. Since it was still early (syawal wanted to play badminton at 7), plus syafqiue said he was hungry, so we ate in McDonald. We ate & discussed about when to get the camera. After that went home & reached home about 6.30pm.

At home, syawal went to perform Asar prayer because he wanted to go for his badminton & I headed to the computer. Suddenly it came to my mind to open Argos website & looked for the camera model that we wanted & checked which store has it. It turned out, there are 3 Argos stores around Fareham & we went to wrong store. What more, the store that has the camera actually was closer than the one that we just went to. & believe it or not, it closes at 8 pm *huh*. It was nearly 7pm that time. Please remember, syawal has badminton at 7pm. So, when I told him, he was contemplating... badminton or camera? Heheehhehe. Of course syawal chose the camera. So, we were all off again for the hunt. Before we left home, I told him to write down the postcode. But being syawal the most forgetfull person I know, he didn't write it down. Of course I kept nagging at him in the car & luckily, he got his GPRS phone & I just browsed for the address. To cut the story short, we found the store without any hassle. Luckily, by 7pm the motorway has totally cleared from any traffic. By 7.30 pm we were already on our way back with the new camera with very BigGrin on everyone faces. Yeah.. we (read:syawal) were really crazy (or obsess??) sometimes :). But that is what make our marrieage full of blasts, hikhikhik.

Finally we got our new DSLR camera. The last model we used was SONY Alpha100, this one is SONY Alpha350. Syawal likes the new camera more than the old one. He said it is lighter & it has live viewfinder. Talking about lighter camera, we actually had argument before about camera & its weight. Knowing syawal as a master of manipulator, he rejected my opinion blankly. BUT after he felt the weight of this new camera, I can see my victory..yeahh. The truth is it's really difficult to win if you debate with syawal without proof. I just know when to strike him back!!.



This is the picture of him in action with the new camera. I just told him we need to go for an outing to test his camera & actually, I already have a plan in my mind *wink3x*. Just wait for a new entry of this outing but can't promise when will it be, hikhikhik. Below are some of the pictures taken. Ok.. what do I think of the camera?? Actually I am pretty impressed too with the camera. Can't wait to pose and pose and pose..muahahahahhahahahah.



No comments: